- 4 cups cooked corn kernels (from about 4-5 ears of corn)
- 1 small red onion, finely chopped
- 1 red bell pepper, diced
- 1 jalapeño pepper, seeded and finely chopped (optional, for extra heat)
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh cilantro
- Juice of 1 lime
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Capitana's Salsa Macha
Prepare the corn salad:
- In a large bowl, combine the cooked corn kernels, red onion, red bell pepper, jalapeño pepper (if using), and chopped cilantro.
- Drizzle the lime juice over the salad and toss to combine.
- Season with salt and pepper to taste. Adjust the seasoning as needed.
Add the salsa macha:
- Spoon a generous amount of the salsa macha into the corn salad. Start with a smaller amount and adjust to your desired level of spiciness and flavor.
- Gently toss the salad to coat the corn kernels and vegetables with the salsa macha. Ensure all the ingredients are well combined.
Chill and serve:
- Cover the bowl and refrigerate the corn salad for at least 30 minutes to allow the flavors to meld together.
- Before serving, give the salad a quick toss to redistribute the dressing and flavors.
- Serve the corn salad with salsa macha as a refreshing side dish or as a topping for tacos, grilled meats, or alongside your favorite summer dishes.