- 4 slices of your favorite bread (such as sourdough or whole grain)
- 4 ripe figs, sliced
- 4 ounces (113g) goat cheese or cream cheese
- Honey, for drizzling
- Fresh mint leaves for garnish (optional)
- Capitana's Salsa Macha
Prepare the salsa macha:
- Place a dry skillet over low heat to warm the Salsa Macha
Toast the bread:
- Toast the bread slices until they are golden and crispy. You can use a toaster or toast them in a skillet with a little butter.
Assemble the fig toast:
- Spread a generous layer of goat cheese or cream cheese onto each toasted bread slice.
- Arrange the sliced figs on top of the cheese, gently pressing them into the spread.
- Drizzle a spoonful of the salsa macha over the figs. Adjust the amount according to your desired level of spiciness.
- Finish by drizzling a little honey over the top for added sweetness.
Garnish and serve:
- If desired, garnish the fig toasts with fresh mint leaves for a pop of freshness and aroma.
- Serve the fig toasts immediately, either as a snack, appetizer, or part of a brunch spread.