- 2 large sweet potatoes
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Fresh cilantro, chopped (for garnish)
- Capitana's Salsa Macha
Preheat the oven and prepare the sweet potatoes:
- Preheat your oven to 400°F (200°C).
- Wash and scrub the sweet potatoes to remove any dirt. Leave the skin on for added texture and nutrients.
- Cut the sweet potatoes into 1-inch cubes or wedges, depending on your preference.
Toss the sweet potatoes in oil and seasonings:
- In a large bowl, combine the sweet potato cubes, olive oil, salt, and pepper. Toss well to coat the sweet potatoes evenly.
Roast the sweet potatoes:
- Spread the seasoned sweet potato cubes in a single layer on a baking sheet lined with parchment paper or foil.
- Place the baking sheet in the preheated oven and roast for about 25-30 minutes, or until the sweet potatoes are tender and lightly caramelized. Flip them halfway through cooking for even browning.
Drizzle with salsa macha:
- Once the sweet potatoes are cooked, remove them from the oven.
- Drizzle the salsa macha over the roasted sweet potatoes, using as much or as little as you prefer. Toss the sweet potatoes gently to coat them with the salsa macha.
Garnish and serve:
- Sprinkle fresh chopped cilantro over the top for added freshness and flavor.
- Serve the sweet potatoes with salsa macha as a side dish or as part of a meal. They pair well with grilled meats, roasted vegetables, or as a vegetarian main dish.