- 4 boneless, skinless chicken breasts
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 tablespoons lime juice
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh cilantro (for garnish)
- Capitana's Salsa Macha
Season and marinate the chicken:
- Season the chicken breasts with salt and pepper on both sides.
- In a bowl, mix together the olive oil and lime juice. Place the chicken breasts in the marinade and coat them well. Let them marinate for at least 15 minutes or up to overnight in the refrigerator.
Cook the chicken:
- Heat a grill pan or skillet over medium-high heat. You can also use an outdoor grill.
- Place the marinated chicken breasts onto the hot grill or skillet. Cook for about 6-8 minutes per side, or until the internal temperature reaches 165°F (74°C) and the chicken is cooked through.
- While cooking, baste the chicken occasionally with some of the salsa macha for added flavor. Reserve some salsa macha for serving.
Rest and serve:
- Once the chicken is cooked, remove it from the heat and let it rest for a few minutes.
- Slice the chicken breasts into thin strips or leave them whole, depending on your preference.
- Drizzle some of the remaining salsa macha over the cooked chicken.
- Garnish with chopped fresh cilantro for added freshness and flavor.
Serve and enjoy:
- Serve the chicken with salsa macha as a main course, accompanied by your favorite side dishes such as rice, grilled vegetables, or a fresh salad.
- You can also serve warm tortillas on the side to make chicken tacos or wraps, allowing your guests to assemble their own delicious creations.